Homemade granola is a favorite food and pantry staple around here.
If you love a cold glass of milk with granola...or yogurt with granola and berries or even just granola on its own as an energy boost on a hike, this recipe is for you.
It is mouth wateringly good, so make a big batch because it won't last nearly as long as you expect!!
This is modified slightly from Nekisia Davis's recipe. It's super easy to make and so good you won't want to go back to store bought. You can store it in an airtight container but frankly unless you're making a lot there won't be much left to store!!
How to make this
1. Heat oven to 300F.
2. In a bowl mix these ingredients:
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups raw pecans pieces
- 1 cup hulled raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup hulled raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Holive Oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
3. Spread mixture evenly in a baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes or so, stirring every 10-15 minutes until granola is nicely roasted.
4. Remove from oven. Add a bit more salt if needed. Stir in:
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
5. Let cool completely.